Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Mountain Dew Woes.....

First off thanks sooo much to the email messages I have been getting you are all AMAZING and I hope that I can maintain this blog and keep it true and real to me and who I am! I gotta admit that it is actually a great feeling to feel completly open in something for the first time, this is a chance for me to be me!  I've hidden behind everything in life, the main thing i've been hiding behind is food.  I get sad.. I eat... I get happy... I eat... I think any emotion in my life I fill it in with food.  I was reading the blog I posted this morning, and WOW I really wanted to loose that much weight by April 2.. I think my calculations on what month it is was way off... My birthday is April 2 I will be 32.. I'm at 298 right now I think honestly if I was down to say 275 by my birthday I'd be happy.  I want to do this as healthy as possible and I want it to be a complete life choice I know some people say I'm starting a "diet" I don't know if I like to call it that because it needs to be a way of life for me.  The rate i'm going I'm going to kill over with a heart attack before I ever see my grand kids.  Maybe I'm thinking to far ahead so I'll bring it back to reality today....  Right now I am wondering what method I should use, some have said Weight Watchers, some say different things... What has worked for you all?  I'm wanting to do something that I can stick with and live with. I'm going to admit my major fault and I know most of you are going to be like AHHH stop drinking it!! The thing I'm most addicted to and the one thing that is causing me to pack on weight like mad is Mountain Dew... Lets be real tho it doesn't matter what kind of soda it is I'll drink it... for about a week now I have been drinking Pepsi Max... I'm not real sure if thats any better.... I do know that I don't like it as much and I need something I can drink other than Soda.  It's my addiction and I am at a point to where i'm ready to break this addiction.. I'm ready to kick it's butt!!

Okay.. I hope this blog didn't ramble too much! I promise i'm learning and I'll get better hehe!!!

Talk to you all real soon!

3 comments:

FatAngryBlog said...

Well after I emailed you, it inspired me to make a blog post on how I'm doing it.

Here's the post: http://fat-angry-blog.blogspot.com/2010/12/how-am-i-doing-it-day-146-lets-say-im.html

And let me tell you, Vitamin D has really made a difference for me since I have issues with depression and seasonal affective disorder among other things...

Gina said...

Thanks Krystal!!! I need to drink more water definatly my kidneys would probably thank me for it! I have bad Kidneys as it is and I keep constant Kidney Infections and I know that I'm adding to it with so much soda.. I think I need to really do what you've done. I need to cut out the soda, what did you do about the headaches? Did you have them when you quit drinking it?

@ Fatangryblog I am going to pick up some vitamin D if it helped you a lot with the same issues i'm having it's definatly worth a try! Thanks so much!!!

Lynne said...

I'm a big emotional eater, so I know that struggle well and am currently stuck in a really bad cycle of it.
I am currently doing Weight Watchers and it's the program I've been most successful on. But the most successful program is the one you will stick to, so find what works for you. I know, easier said than done :).
As for soda, I do drink it, probably one a day, but I stick to diet sodas (Coke Zero is my fave). But I also make sure I get in lots of water throughout the day.
Good luck!

Post a Comment